Master Thesis (m/f) R&D Truck Tires at Continental
For the technologycenter in Hanover Stöcken Continental is looking for an intern (m/f) who starts in April 2018 - in an optimal way 3 months internship with following 6 month Master Thesis.
There is an increasing number of requirements for truck tires including environmental aspects such as rolling resistance, safety criteria such as braking and economical ones such as lifetime. Computational tools for layout optimization are common practice in tire industry for many years already. In this context special tire performances require special tools for their prediction.
- Further development of a new simulation tool for truck tread pattern behaviour under special off-road conditions
- Implementation of enhancements to the simulation tool in MATLAB
- Verification of the tool with the help of examples
- Validation of the tool on the basis of test resultsJob description
- Good understanding in mechanics Advanced MATLAB programming skills
- Advanced understanding of finite element method
- Good communication skills Fluent in English and German